Original & Maple Brown Sugar Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds (extracted from 3 pumpkins)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp maple extract
- Separate pumpkin seeds from what I call “pumpkin guts” and rinse well in cool water in a colander. Make sure most of the pumpkin is off the seeds.
- Preheat oven to 300⁰ and line cookie sheet with parchment paper, separated in the middle for both flavors.
- Lay out a dish drying mat and lay pumpkin seeds in a single layer on mat.
- Pat dry with paper towels and try to get as much moisture out of the seeds as possible.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, salt, pepper, half the amount of seeds, and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, maple extract, and the other half of the seeds and mix.
- Lay out pumpkin seeds on cookie sheet, in a single layer.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes or until crispy.
- Take out of oven and serve immediately!
Pumpkin seeds are a great snack since they offer up a great deal of protein fiber, and healthy fats. Sure, you can buy store-bought pumpkin seeds, but the sodium content in them is extremely high. Making them yourself allows you to control the sodium content.